Sunday, October 13, 2013

In Full Swing

I've been bustin' butt these last few weeks, dyeing heaps of yarn and roving for 5 fall shows. I've had some great help from my yarn skeiner, Claire, my packer and quality controller, Anne, my show helpers, Houston and Natalie. They keep my on track and make my life soooo much easier.

My fence has looked like this for weeks now. Except for the last 5 days because it has rained non stop. Good I got lots dyed before the skies let loose!

After hauling my shop to 3 shows, I unloaded and set up the studio for our Fall Studio Tour. 



 I hadn't made glass buttons in a long time so got that kiln fired up again and kicked out some cool new buttons.





My neighbor, Audrey, a fantastic knitter and designer, has come up with a couple patterns and samples for Dancing Leaf Farm. This is 'Moon & Stars' which is going to be a true 'star'. She's nearly done with the pattern and there has been so much interest, I can't wait to put it out there. 

This shawl has such a nice drape, knit with my Samba alpaca yarn.

The Samba Spring Shawlette is another pattern she designed using Samba.

Love this little cowl/shawlette knit out of a skein of Slubby.

Two kid's cardigans made with the eco cotton.

My 'Re-imagined' vintage jewelry. I've deconstructed vintage jewelry and put it back together with an updated twist.





Fairy batts, a blend of wool, tencel, silk, mohair

 Lots and lots of Sock Hop

 I've started making soap again. Mmmmm...smells so good!

 Gettin' crafty with these cute bird seed cups. I have a huge collection of antique cups and filled them with suet and a songbird mix of seeds.

I can't seem to pass up old tool boxes at sales, so have accumulated quite q few. I filled them with a mix of fall inspired goodies. Each one is a bit different. I'll be making more for the holiday season, so stay tuned.



Cute sheepy earrings and a necklace.

It's been a rainy, rainy (like 5"!!!!) weekend, but it's cheery and warm in the studio. Stop on by!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

So nice to read this post after visiting your studio yesterday. You definitely are very creative with beautiful results. I have lots of ideas but don't get much done. I guess it's OK to appreciate the beauty that others create. - Rhonda Spence

Unknown said...

Rhonda,
So nice of you. Just take one idea and set some time aside for doing it. It feeds the soul!