Sunday, January 02, 2011

New Year, New Fear


So you don't think that I've spent the whole entire holiday sitting around eating, knitting, reading, surfing the net and being a total sedentary slug, I'll show you some photos of us hiking. OK, I did spend countless hours doing all those lazy things with other lazy people in my house, but I had to keep them company! Plus it was colder than chickens-legs-in-the-snow outside and already spent my youth in below 0 temps and have paid my dues to the cold goddess so I deserve to stay cuddled up on the couch under a blankie when it dips below 26.


But I have a fear that I could turn into a true couch potato, encased in a camouflage Snuggly, with my fat cells multiplying and dividing with rapid speed. I do not want to be on the same trajectory as my puppy, Trapper. He is gaining 2 lbs a week. Nosirreebob, I think I've only gained 1 lb a week!


So we rounded up the pup and took off for Sugarloaf for a romp around the mountain.


Some very thoughtful people or wood elves hung hand made Christmas ornaments from tree branches, bringing a festive atmosphere to the woods.


Our son, Forrest, is home from Montana for a bit and his girlfriend came for a visit. We spent a couple days in Cumberland and got off our butts long enough to hike up to Lover's Leap. Great views, warm sun, and no lovers leaping (thankfully).


For some odd reason, there is an old plastics factory at the top of this mountain. It has 60's styling with this Jetson type wall of gold. So quirky.


So now I feel a little bit better. Got home from the hike and devoured a couple slices of pizza (homemade) and cheesecake and am back on the couch! Tomorrow's another day. Hope you all have a fun filled new year. Maybe I'll see you on the trail!

No comments: