Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fall is Here, Sort of.


The temperatures are a bit cooler, a welcome relief after the July weather we've been having. This is the view across the road from us. I walk out to get the paper early (sometimes even in the dark) and get to rest my eyes on this view every day. I love the mist in the lowland blanketing the fields in a soft veil.





When my husband, Houston, doesn't leave enough time in the morning to walk to the train station just down the hill from us, I drive him down. This is the farm across from the station. The corn is nearly 9 feet tall and has turned an amber color, ready to be harvested. It caught the morning light and I'm sorry the picture does not do the scene justice. I sat for a bit and just drank it all in.


And there's the Marc train, whisking working folks off to their jobs in the city.

2 comments:

Roxana said...

Beautiful pictures of our beautiful state! I commute into the city on the same Marc train, but from much farther south. Maybe your husband would consider becoming a yarn courier for those of us a little farther down the line :)

I'd heard about your fiber/yarn from someone on the Ravelry site, and I finally got to see your things at Stitches East (I agree with you, the convention center setting leaves much to be desired, and as a spinner, there was a dearth of actual raw fiber. So disappointing).

Looking forward to possibly stopping by today for your studio tour!

Dalis' Blog at Dancing Leaf Farm said...

Roxanne,
My husband would be happy to be a yarn pimp! Just let me know if there's anything you want. Dalis