Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nearly Ready


For the last few weeks I've been making 'stuff' for our holiday studio tour. The studio is filled with plenty of yarn, jewelry, dyed felt, ornaments, felt paintings, pin cushions and more. We had a successful tour last weekend, thanks to all my wonderful customers. It's always nice to see familiar faces, and some new ones too. Above are just one set of the many stitch markers I made. I'll be putting these up for sale on my etsy site soon.


I've always liked this poster design.


These are the series of 'Lambscapes' I've been doing. I use my hand dyed roving from my sheep, using it as 'paint' to create these abstract landscapes.
















I started with white fluffy roving, roughly formed it into a ball and poked it with the felting needle. Then I wrapped the white ball with dyed roving, poked some more then wet felted them.


And, voila, they turned into pin cushions!




Sara had to earn her Thanksgiving dinner. Whenever she comes out, she models my latest knitting projects. I finally finished this pullover knit with Peace Fleece wool yarn. It has just the right amount of cabling on the bottom, the neckline and the cuffs. It's just enough because that's about all the time I can spend doing cables.




A bowl full of newly made fused glass brooches.


A little purple shrug (Rolled Collar Shrug) out of my Loopy, free pattern on line.




Another free pattern, this shawl knit out out of my Sock Hop yarn. I wanted to do something other than socks and this shawl was done on size 9 needles, not size 1's (yikes!) for the socks.


Whenever I don't know what to knit, I pull some yarn out of my stash and start knitting these neck warmers. With a ruffle on the end, they're very flirty.




This one is a bit different. It's both a neck warmer and wrist cuffs.







All these handwarmers are from knitty.com. These are the Voodoo pattern. I call them the "Two Drama" warmers. I can do a pair watching CSI and ER.









My Slubby blanket kept me warm while knitting it and now, when it's not on the fence or hanging from a tree, it's on my couch, wrapped around me as I knit hand warmers.

2 comments:

Milly said...

Oh my gosh, I love the lambscapes! They are wonderful, do you sell them?

Unknown said...

Thank you. Yes I sell them, from $28 - $68.