Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Gittin' er Done!

 Because I played a few days, I'm paying for it this week. It's not like I was lazy before I played, it's just there's so much that I want to get done. My biggest show of the year is this weekend, the Maryland Sheep & Wool Fest. Nearly 100,000 (yep, that's fer real!) fiber-holics swarm the Howard County Fairgrounds so I gotta be ready. I always say, "If you don't make it, you can't sell it!" So I've worked from sunrise to sunset in the studio, down in the basement, in the office and I literally run to each spot. I pass by my beautiful little annuals and perennials, veggies and bushes that need to be planted and it's all I can do to not get them in the ground. Focus, Dalis! Oh, and the grass is over my ankles. Gah! I keep telling myself that I can relax and sit down to mow (mowing is my reward for being on my legs all day), but then it rains. Anyhootie, I finished a few knitted thingies, although most of them are scarves since they're easy and they knit up fast. Above is the truly awesome Frilly Scarf that is really rather an ugly duckling yarn but magically transforms into a swan of a scarf. It's my new fave. Knit with my hand dyed Frilly yarn.

 Can't you just see yourself wearing this to a summer soiree?

 This is a scarf that I've resurrected from the past. It was wider before and I like it better now. It's knit with my hand dyed Salsa. The background is 'Pansy' and the ruffles are 'Sorta Solid Violet'.

 Another boa type scarf, made with a magic yarn. I just can't get enough of these yarns. Knit with Triana yarn.

 One more for the road... knit with Rizos. I carry it in 3 colorways.

And this one is just too sweet, cute, adorable, awwwwww! It's a cotton yarn so it's great for summer and I added these little crocheted flowers to make it even sweeter, cuter, adorabler.


 But I think I'm the happiest about my new yarn, 'Happiness'. I can't keep my hands off it. I take 4 different yarns and skein them together. I'm using my old manual one as Abi, my professional skeiner-person has my electric one. So it's an arduous task especially because two of the yarns are really cranky. They keep getting tangled and mangled and making me angry. But then I get the whole skein finished, put the label on it, match it up to one of my fused glass pendants, and I smile. My goal was to get 50 of the done and I'm pretty close.

 Dreamy!

Inside the label is the pattern for this shawl. Sneaky, huh?


My fence looks pretty much like this all day, except when it's raining. Which it was today, about 18 times. I'd hang out the yarn, then it'd sprinkle just a bit, so I'd run out there and hurridly gather up all the skeins and fiber. Then 5 minutes later, it would quit and the sun would come out. Back on the fence it'd go just to repeat all of the above 10 minutes later. In out, in out, in out. grrrr
 
But it finally dried and I got it all bundled up, ready to be sold to some spinner at the Sheep & Wool Fest. This is my new Blue Faced Leicester or BFL if you're a fiber geek.

How can my studio go from this.....
 
 ....to THIS?! Yikes. Time to pack it up.
and I get to use my cool mccool trailer that I just had blinged up for the festival. I park my trailer right by tent so it'll be good advertising. Ain't it purrrrdy?! Tomorrow is running up and down the steps day, bringing up my 80 crates to pack with yarn, tables, and heaps more stuff. I just hope it'll all fit!

No comments: