Sunday, May 25, 2008

Over the Pond for Rain


Last month our very bestest friend from Cambridge visited for two days. It was lovely, sunny, warm and wonderful the day before he got here and the day after he left, but the two full days he was here, the skies let loose with a torrential downpour of rain. I was hoping to show him something other than typical English weather, but it wasn't to be. He did take pictures of the rain coming down as he hadn't seen rain like that before. It tends to spatter and spit in England, not pour from the skies. My hope was to bike on the C&O Canal to Harper's Ferry but we did walk around the town with the 10 other people who were out in the wet.


We parked the car and walked across the former railroad bridge, which is now a ped bridge. We looked out over the confluence of the Shenendoah (I love the sound of that word) and the Potomac rivers. We kayak here often and it's fun to look down on the rapids that we play in.




I like the backs of buildings as well as the fronts. The backs show the building's true character.






If you're looking for a fixer upper, this could be the place.


Clemens wearing a very silly American hat.

2 comments:

Marie said...

You've been "me-me'd so go to my blog to read the rules.

Anita said...

I was going to "me-me" you but I'm too late. You can read my answers on my blog.