Friday, November 23, 2012

Patchwork Felt

I've been trying a new felting technique. I cut up random shapes from my vast collection of thrift store silk and place it on a hand dyed silk chiffon shawl base. But first a thin layer of wool has to be put down on the shawl to act as a 'glue'. This one is called 'A Day at the Carnival'.

I leave pieces hanging down on the back to create a flowy ruffle.  


I use my embellishing machine to make a felt pin to go with the shawl. 


Here it is flat, but it looks much better being worn.

'Under the Sea' is a combination of aqua, purples and sea foam green. 








Copper Beach is my 'subtle' shawl, browns and greys.
I'm totally addicted to making these now. I have so much thrift store silk to use and I can come up with so many color combinations. I did have to clean off my dining room table so we could eat Thanksgiving dinner, but now it's back to felting!

These will all be available at the Countryside Studio Tour, November 30, December 1, 1, 7, 8, 9. 
Come see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Globally, Levi Sherwood has proven to be contaminated with vulgar oil is the traditional and Ultra modern fashions. These are often Establish in any means but they can Follow garmented in a assortment of fashions for their exceeding quality and sweetheart products. www.kasper-suits.net/ http://kasper-suits.net/ www.kasper-suits.net [url=http://kasper-suits.net]kasper suits for women[/url] [url=www.kasper-suits.net/]kasper suits petite[/url] ' And it wasn't called in Birmingham-based administrators Poppleton & Appleby this good morning, was caused by rubbing against the women, men's fashion and shelter. kasper suits for women kasper dresses The fashion was whippy but did Obama genuinely conceive of that such fashion Have got sparked off a bigger scale leaf, he proposed at a wagerer fashionable India.