Sunday, December 11, 2011

Studio Tour

I am just now finished with my own studio tour (did you hear a big whooooppppeeeee!) on this Sunday night. I can't tell you how happy that this tour season is over. As much as I love what I do, crating, hauling, setting up shop in many different venues (including my own, 3 times), dyeing, skeining, creating, fusing, wrestling sheep, bookkeeping (ugh!) and everything else, it's nice to be on the other end for once.

 I visited a studio in Garrett County a couple weeks ago with my friend, Macee.

Annie has a separate studio near her farmhouse in a rural area.

She seems to love poppies as she had these large metal sculptures made and much of her work depicts thise fun flowers.

 The ceilings are covered in pinched tin metal, so awesome.

Annie makes her own paper then tears it apart and uses it in her original designs. She also stitches the designs with this old Singer sewing machine.

 Macee was one of the guest artists, displaying her metal jewelry.

 And delicious smelling soaps made it home in my bag.

A pillow even made it home with me and fits right in with my other pillows on my bed.

 We left as the sun was setting on another fine day, a day that I was able to shop instead of sell. Fun!

No comments: