Sunday, December 04, 2011

Window Shopping


After a couple of days of selling yarn, fiber and jewelry in my studio, I got out at night to see some art and do some window viewing. I love window displays and the merchants in downtown Frederick have done an impressive job of creating a festive mood.
 A few of my girlfriends and I walked the streets at First Saturday, listening to holiday music, played by various musicians on each block, flitting in a few of the shops, taking advantage of free nibbles and wine, and enjoying the holiday spirit in the air.

For about 10 blocks, the trees on both sides of the street are wrapped in lights. A light falling of snow would have put a nice touch on the night.
We tucked into a nice little restaurant to end our evening with a delicious meal. Now just one more weekend of studio tour and I can officially kick back for the year and get my Christmas on!

1 comment:

Julie Warner said...

Great photos. Fredrick looks very festive. Sound like a fun time was had by all.