Monday, April 09, 2012

Sneak Peek to Spring Studio Tour

 Spring time means new spring colorways. The above colorway is 'Spring Meadow', a blend of pale pinks, lavender and peach and spring green. In the next 2 weeks, I'll be posting photos of new things I've been working on for our upcoming Countryside Artisans' Studio Tour (April 20, 21, 22) and the Maryland Sheep & Wool Fest (May 5, 6).

 I got a new batch of 100% wool felt in and have been 'painting' it with my dyes. I actually dye these just as I do the yarns, in a big roasting pan, squirting the dyes on and 'smooshing' them in. 

 The patterns just happen serendipitously. I have no idea how they'll turn out, except for the coloring, and even that's a bit random.


When I put these on the fence and stepped back, I saw a flower on the left and a red bird on a branch on the right. I should call these Rorschach felt pieces.
 
 These are the clay buttons I made at Craft Day. They're all packaged up pretty.

 
 I had all the papers and card stock and had such fun picking out patterns and colors to highlight each button.

 Plenty of cute little resin flower hair clips.
New soft cotton yarns fill the shelves.

'Splash' a new colorway inspired by my trip to the Caribbean. 
 Blue for the sky, turquoise for the water, white for the sand, with a hint of lime green for punch.

Wingspan, a popular free pattern on ravelry. I knit mine with my Hip Hop yarn.
 Krista is my guest artist, showing her vintage inspired aprons...

along with her upcycled posie pockets, a place to hang your little pansy.

No comments: