Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Market Days

 
This past weekend was Market Days at Chartreuse in Buckeystown, not far from where I live. Housed in an old dairy barn, they are open just once a month throughout the year.  This was a special event as they invited other vendors to sell their antiques, shabby chic, and once loved wares.
Along with the dairy barn, a bank barn is stuffed with thrifty finds.


There were about 20 additional booths set up around the property, with the crowds checking out all the vintage stuff. Most of the wares were under tents but plenty of things were spilling out onto the lawn. It was lucky it didn't rain, as the weather forecast had called for showers.
I loved, loved, loved this old bike. It was hanging ON the wall but alas, it was not for sale, just for pretty.
Even real bunnies for sale!
and concrete bunnies too.

If you fancied a jug, there were plenty to choose from.
Old scale weighing the word 'PIE'. How much does this pie weigh?
Cheery vignettes, with springy, happy colors.
I'm so going to steal this cute idea....yards of colorful ribbons (of which I have scads of), hung to make a 'curtain'.








What to do with your old water trough...hang doo dads from it! And yes, I do have one of these.


I'm going to be looking for a little trike like this. I already have the spray paint. I came away with so many ideas that I had the rest of the day to round up some of my old rusty stuff, got out my spray paint and chalk paint and got down to work. Nothing like a little inspiration!

No comments: